Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you have excellent modelling and simulation skills? Do you know how to use your mathematical knowledge to help improve the performance of ASML systems? Do you like working together in multidisciplinary teams to improve products to enable clients to create the world’s most advanced chips? Then the position of Metrology Design Engineer might be the perfect fit for you.
Metrology orchestrates the behaviour of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It’s basically the brain of ASML lithography systems. To make sure customers can keep printing smaller and smaller features on chips using our machines, we need people who can help us create next-generation metrology products.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Participating in the definition of machine-level specification of different functions, such as functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability;
- Troubleshooting issues within our factory or at customer sites;
- Investigating the machines’ failure modes and figuring out how to contain the situation in order to ‘buy time’ to find the root cause of a problem;
- Performing feasibility studies for required improvements by conducting experiments, running simulations, and analysing existing (customer) data;
- Interacting with specialist software designers in the project team to enable new functionalities;
- Integrating and testing functions against specifications.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A Master’s degree or PhD in Physics, Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, Computational or similar engineering.
- From 0-10 years of experience. We have several openings for different level of seniority (junior, medior, senior).
- Experience with data analysis and modelling (preferably with Matlab or Python);
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models;
- Experience with functional specification and integration;
- Able to break down a large problem into manageable components.
Our working environment is dynamic and international, we continuously push the technical boundaries which requires you to be:
- Team player and excellent communicator;
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions;
- Goal-oriented and self-initiating;
- Can-do attitude; Ability to influence without power.