Secondment via YER
High Tech, Engineering
About this vacancy
To strengthen the Technical Support team (3rd line support) in Eindhoven we are looking for a skilled Technical Support Specialist. In this role you will join an experienced team who collaborate on introducing new innovative products to customers and perform sustaining activities around serviceability and maintainability of our installed base; high-tech pick & place machines. You will be working in an informal and high tech environment, participating in challenging projects and developing personal growth.
As a Technical Support Specialist you are the linking pin between regional engineers (1st and 2nd line), local development teams and the customer. In this role you:
- Support the introduction of new machines through active participation and if required actual on-site support
- Validate new products by executing test cases
- Create, execute, and validate new serviceability requirements in the projects you participate in
- Take responsibilities in escalation processes and solve complex problems at customer sites when needed.
- Initiate improvement actions within the development teams based on 8D approach and process
- Manage and actively participate in the field issue resolving process and contribute to meeting defined KPI’s for this process
- Manage execution of defined worldwide upgrade plans and provide relevant and timely feedback and reporting on progress
Our client is a leading provider of advanced packaging and electronic assembly equipment for the semiconductor industry. The equipment is state-of-the-art, high performance, high precision, multi-axis robotic machines which provide leading-edge solutions. These solutions support top-tier, well-known companies in automotive, consumer, communications, data processing and industrial segments across the world.
- High-tech, system-responsible and product-development based environment.
- Challenging and diverse projects from concept to realization to industrialization.
- Growing organization with unique focus on Research & Development.
- Casual working environment.
- Highly competitive employment terms and pay-for-performance environment.
For this position we are looking for a service and customer minded person with a drive to prevent and improve complex technical issues. You are able to see the big picture and operational implications within the field of customer service and technical support. As part of a matrix organization you will be working in cross functional projects. To be successful in this position you bring:
- A BSc or MSc degree in Engineering e.g. Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering
- Relevant experience with supporting/servicing customers and machine manufacturing processes
- Experience in installed base management and service requirements is a plus
- Documentation skills, knowledge of Author-it is a plus
- Strong analytical skills combined with a practical mindset and troubleshooting qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and preferably also in Dutch
- Cultural awareness and able to level with stakeholders all over the world
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
- Willingness to travel other development sites or to the customer (10%)