Secondment via YER
Engineering, Medical & Health
About this vacancy
Philips challenges you to use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative medical products. Your contribution can range from mechatronic component design based on (sub-)system requirements provided. You are responsible for component detailing, integration and verification testing. You will own the TPD and DMR, and will be the supplier contact for new - and modifications to existing products.
Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
The Mechatronic Products department of Philips Innovation Services is unique in its system design approach which has led to many innovative solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions especially in concept creation for new clinical procedures and applications.
Our teams support the Philips Healthcare businesses in bringing their innovations faster to market. We are active in product as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working together in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
- You will be directly responsible for mostly mechanical, some mechatronic designs in our projects, which have a short- to mid-term character, are complex, and can be divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also requires involvement in electronic hardware designs.
- You will use your skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine good design principles with novel manufacturing technology to – together with a global team – design parts and assemblies for new medical innovations.
- You will make detailed designs and interfaces based on provided requirements.
- You are responsible for the overall manufacturability with suppliers, and test and verification upon delivery of products.
- You will join internal and external design sub-teams.
You will report to and work closely with the Mechatronics department PIC-Eindhoven to truly understand the technologic challenges i.o to offer tailored services & technical support.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with the opportunity to expand your professional experience. In our competence areas we can offer you stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, interesting variation, job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience – all within one company. The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
- A BSc or MSc mechanical engineering
- ≥10 years of professional experience in mechanical product or equipment development
- Proven proficiency in 3D CAD system Creo in combination with Windchill
- Experience in global design / concept ánd, willing to leverage strong skills in creating detailed drawings (2D) incl. technical documentation such as assembly instructions
- Capable with tolerance analysis, according applicable GD&T standards
- Robust knowledge of design controls, Hazard analysis and FMEA
- Preferably experience with development of medical products (IEC 60601) and healthcare regulatory aspects (ISO13485, FDA)
- Good understanding of testing critical to quality and regulatory requirements
- A background in defining and organizing verification tests, either internally or with a partner
- Experience in transferring technical data to suppliers, in a SMART and structured manner
- Mature skills in archiving for DHF and DMR management
- Team player and excellent communicator, especially with virtual teams
- Proficient in English; both in written and spoken language
- Strong organizing, planning, monitoring, execution skills (supplier related)