Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
The department is an international operating team, which develops future IoT and healthcare applications for both the medical as consumer market. These applications sense environmental and physiological signals and translates these signals to information that empower people to manage their own health.
In close collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will contribute to the design, test and characterization of innovative prototype systems, combining cutting-edge research results with state-of-the-art components. Your main focus is to deliver solutions that can be used for (clinical) studies to explore ways to monitor and manage health problems. Additionally, you will support engineers from other domains (software, algorithms, test) in order to fulfil the hardware needs or dependencies they might have.
- Contribute to develop demonstrators and prototypes based on our hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radio’s, while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other portable devices
- Cooperate with software, test and application experts to define specifications of hardware systems
- Deliver high-quality system designs, in a timely fashion, and if needed, in accordance with medical device regulations for implantable devices and wearable applications (such as ISO/EN 14708-1 and IEC 60601-1 series)
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up, design of test tooling and adaptation of existing platforms to new specifications
- Testing and characterization of existing and new prototypes
- Documentation of activities to ensure reproducibility of setup and test results
Imec is an R&D hub for nano- and digital technologies. They believe in the combination of extremely talented people and a world-class infrastructure to enable a prosperous and sustainable future for all.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to the company. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering, embedded engineering or a similar field
- 3+ years’ experience in low-power embedded analogue and analogue hardware system design, preferably in the field of wireless sensor and/or medical devices
- PCB design tool experience, performing schematic capture and lay-out
- Experience in board bring-up, testing and debugging hardware, and embedded software
- Knowledge of biomedical sensor systems, signal integrity, EMC, power management, is a plus
- Experience in hardware development in accordance with medical device regulations (particularly IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2), is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences
- Hands-on attitude, result-driven. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.