Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Philips Digital Computational Pathology - Our Mission:
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Digital Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. One of the components in this workflow is the digitization of the images used in pathology. Philips Digital Computational Pathology is developing a next generation digital microscope for that purpose.
In the role of DevOps Engineer, you will strengthen the engineering teams to ensure timely releasing of high quality products. Enabling faster software development cycles and speed-to-market. You will ensure high quality releases by managing interfaces between development and operations, removing boundaries and impediments using Lean and Agile methodologies.
You are responsible for shortening the software development cycles and feedback loops, facilitating
excellent DevOps support by:
- Ensuring the laboratory is an effective safe work zone with a high availability of Scanners to support rapid development
- Deploying software revisions across the maintained scanners
- Maintaining a continuous overview of scanner state
- Guiding your colleagues to the most suitable scanner for their investigation and development purposes and help prepare the systems accordingly
- Collaborating with system and test architects to refine integration tests
- Collaborate with engineering to manage code releases
- Perform the intake of scanner systems and components and integration and regression tests, ensuring that required quality level is met
- Take ownership of the resolution of found issues, including triage and system behavior analysis
- Provide support to suppliers as required to come to swift defect resolutions
- Support the release activities (full system integration) including regression and new functionality testing, issue management and test report and release notes creation.
- Support of System reliability and Stability testing, including deriving relevant protocols
- Support troubleshooting during production operations (typically tier 3)
- Develop methods and approaches for DevOps. Influencing and educating units involved in thesoftware development life cycle, focusing on design, test, and deployment from a DevOps perspective.
- You are analytically strong and able to dive into issues and find root causes, instinctively thinking from a systems viewpoint.
- You have a drive to learn and understand the system under development, acquiring domain knowledge quickly and are able to relate this to the intended system architecture.
- You have experience in multidiscipline system integration, including software, electronics, and mechanics.
- You have an appreciation or background in software engineering and have experience in using the Linux OS, preferably RHEL/Centos/ Fedora.
You are a strong team player with excellent communicational skills, able to convey information in a clear and structured manner. Communication with external parties and suppliers is commonplace for you. You are able to work without a strict plan and adapt to changes swiftly. Your natural team role preference is one of support, rather than driving creation. You have experience in working in a SAFe / Agile / Scrum environment
- HBO / University degree / equivalent work experience
- +/-10 years of experience as software developer / integrator for embedded products
- Proven record of accomplishment as system integrator (hardware/software/mechatronics)
- Excellent communication skills and a strong command of English
- Affinity and experience with working in large cross-functional teams.
- Tooling and Development Language Experience
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Development on Linux