Working for YER
About this vacancy
Adding value to products by leading a team and designing (sub)modules in an efficient and multidisciplinary context.
How will your job look as Team Lead/Mechatronics Designer? In our product development projects at R&D you and your team take responsibility for a unit or module in our products. You are focusing with your team on mechatronic topics like accurate positioning, media handling, fast and accurate motion or thermal control.
Together with architects you specify and agree on requirements based on customer’s demands. After this you and your team to come up with technical designs and concepts that meet these objectives, properly balancing time, quality, performance, interdisciplinary interactions and taking cost into account.
Within the project you collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines than mechanics and electronics, like embedded software and also chemistry and physics, who are mainly responsible for the ink and print head development. Together you review the ideas and jointly develop smart creative solutions that meet the overall project objectives. You test and review your model based design(s) by building prototypes to prove the feasibility of the routes you have identified.
And since you are the team lead you regularly meet up with other team leads and the project manager to discuss progress and align on your actions
In this role we will provide you there are plenty of opportunities to further develop yourself, e.g. to project lead, system architect or department manager.
- Operational leading a multidisciplinary module team.
- Responsible for the overall design of a mechatronics' module.
- Interface towards other teams and projects.
- Create and maintain team plan, project planning and budget.
- Review technical proposals, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks and issues in your team.
- Shape the mechanical, electrical and software design and implementation so as to get a robust, accurate and cost effective system.
YER Technology offers you the opportunity to work at the most prominent and innovative organisations in the Netherlands. We are a high-level sparring partner that can give your career the boost it needs! You will be employed by YER and work at one of our clients.
- Attractive salary and attractive extras
- Master degree in mechatronics or similar
- You have at 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Team player, highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and good communicator, people manager with an eye for strategic level
- Skilled in Matlab and Simulink
- Relevant model based experience
- Think broad, learn fast and take responsibility
- You like to work in cross-functional teams
- Fluent in Dutch and English