secondment via YER, Contract with Client
Finance, Energy, Gas, Water
About this vacancy
Howden Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Financial Controller who will support our company in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The financial controller ensures that the financial information of HCR (HTC and HBC) is reliable, valid, complete, relevant and useful. Furthermore the financial controller is involved in ad-hoc activities, including financial analysis of transactions and balance positions and ad-hoc reporting to stakeholders.
What needs to be done?
- Ensuring reliability, validity, completeness, relevance and usefulness of the financial information;
- Look for opportunities within own department to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness within processing transactions and generating financial information and implement related actions;
- Create and maintain a professional working relation with business controllers, project controller and peers in other departments.
- Implement robust processes within the department to reduce waste, increase effectiveness and make us ready for a transfer to another ERP system;
- Implement integrated processes together with finance organization in HBC to be able to generate financial information in a reliable, valid, complete and relevant way;
- Look for opportunities outside own department to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness within processing transactions and generating financial information and implement related actions together with peers other departments.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customised solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act, improve processes and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a horizontal move within HCR. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and which is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor degree in Finance & Control;
- 3-5 years’ experience in working in a similar position in a dynamic and international environment;
- Extensive experience with project administration (POC; assets constructed for third parties);
- Experience with ISAH/Dynamics AX and SAP BPC is an advantage;
- Experience in the continuous improvement of processes;
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel;
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and in writing;
- As a personality you are pro-active, solution oriented, able to deal in a professional way with resistance and able to build bridges and to have a healthy debate. You are transparent and you think in terms of processes. You have a no-nonsense mentality and you are a decision maker. We search for a team player who is constructive critical, assertive, well organized, who has excellent communication skills, questions status quo but also provides alternatives, who is doing things first time right and who is able to zoom in and zoom out, from operational to strategic and back.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% maximum.