secondment via YER
About this vacancy
You are a part of: Mechatronics is a department within Philips Innovation Services, which focusses on delivering diverse high-level technological contributions to mechatronics projects and services within the innovation domains high precision equipment and medical equipment. Technological contributions within projects and services include system architecture and integration, concept development, mechanical and electrical design, prototyping, electromagnetic actuators and sensors, dynamics & control, acoustics, tribology and FEM.
In this role, you have the opportunity to? Contribute to Philips' mission to continuously improving people's life through innovation across the Healthcare continuum. Novel medical equipment requires increased levels of reliability and performance. Philips Innovation Services is also targeting the high precision engineering domain where similar trends are applicable.
You and the team will be supporting these goals by verifying the performance of mechatronics systems while you are continuously focused on improving the effectiveness &efficiency of the verification process. You will contribute to the growth and development of the experimental knowledge within the Mechatronics department.
In your role as test engineer you will: Contribute to mechatronic product creation projects and services working closely together with other specialists and designers using your profound experimental knowledge of and experience with verification and qualification of mechatronics systems.
Use your knowledge of experimental techniques, test execution and documentation, to strengthen this competence within Philips Innovation Services.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and develop. You will be able to work with one of the strongest healthcare companies in the world and deliver solutions that will have a direct impact on patient care. You will be part of a flexible team of highly skilled professionals that are able to find a great work-life balance.
- At least 2 years of experience in the domain of mechatronics
- Thorough knowledge of defining, setting up, executing, analyzing and documenting experiments for system verification and qualification?
- Result driven attitude; Finish own work as promised and hold others accountable for delivering to you.
- Ability to make fast assessments together with colleagues whether test results are in line with expectations. Proactively follow up if results deviate.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English.
- Ability to design test fixtures to enable experiments is a plus
- Affinity with the healthcare/medical equipment and/or high precision engineering domains
- Passion for technology, interest in applications.
- Broader knowledge on mechanical design, sensing, power electronics, electrical drives is highly desired.
- A customer centric attitude and are flexible and cooperative.
- Willingness to work on location as needed for the project.