Research & Development
Amerikalaan 71, Maastricht Airport
Secondment via YER
Medical & Health, Engineering
About this vacancy
We want you to become a key member of a motivated and innovation-centric team of Clinical Neurophysiology (CNP) and Intra-operative Neuromonitoring (IONM) product development engineers.
Over the past many years, Technomed/Neurosign have established themselves in the global industry as a reliable source of knowledge and quality products. Technomed/Neurosign are currently exploring novel technologies and new application areas in close cooperation with KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) and industry experts.
We are currently strengthening our innovation capabilities and we are looking for highly talented, motivated and professionally experienced MSc engineers – biomedical, electronics, mechanical, computer sciences- to engage in the definition (fuzzy front-end phase) and execution (realisation phase) of our innovation roadmap.
Who are you?
- You are a team player and have a can-do mentality.
- Your way of working is governed by a high sense of urgency.
- You are enthusiastic, positive and approachable to others.
- You lead by example.
- You have attention for detail yet never loose sight of the bigger business perspective.
- You are a good listener and observer when interacting with KOLs and customers.
What experience do you bring in the company?
- Critical experience (must haves):
- You have a Master degree (WO) in biomedical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering or computer sciences combined with a Bachelor degree in a complimentary field (biomedical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering or computer sciences.
- You can successfully and confidently bridge the domain of human anatomy and physiology with the domain of engineering in which you have graduated.
- Your inquisitive and scientific nature enables you to engage in a debate with KOLs to acquire insights and to explore novel solutions to medical challenges.
- You are approachable yet are able and willing to engage in constructive debate to defend your professional point of view.
- Professional expertise:
- You can demonstrate active mastery of the creation of technology and product roadmaps.
- You are familiar with a project-based way of working: milestone planning, design reviews, critical path analysis, project budgeting, etc. have no secrets for you.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of how to convert user needs to functional requirements and ultimately technical specifications.
- You master statistics to a level that you can apply it in the verification process.
- Ideal experience (nice to haves):
- You possess a proven track record of 7 years in medical device product development.
- You are familiar with the medical device product development process (ISO13485) and have been through 2 full cycles of product development from POP (proof of principle) / POC (proof of concept) through to regulatory approval and commercialisation.
- Your knowledge runs through the complete process:
- defining a POP (Proof of Principle) and verifying your design inputs
- bringing POP to a POC (Proof of Concept) and verifying your design inputs
- bringing a POC to a prototype / end product and validating your design inputs
- You posses a working knowledge of the human nervous system.
- You are familiar with health economics and its role in the product creation process.
- You have working knowledge of Raspberry PI based developments, either from a hobby point of view or from a professional point of view.
Medical devices can tell a story: the story of better patient care and improved outcomes. Electrical signals from the human body are where the correct diagnoses and the best treatments begin. Technomed’s medical accessories connect medical devices to patients and transfer their bio-electric signals.
- Being part of a growing company where you can actively and visibly contribute to its future.
- A high-performing and result-oriented company that is ready to take on new challenges.
- A passionate team that wants to join forces to grow our business together.
- A mentality to keep moving forward and achieve higher levels of professionalism and competence.
- A Neurosign/Technomed team that is eager to welcome you with open arms.
- An organization that continuously works on reaching higher levels of excellence.
- A package of secondary employment conditions, for example: flexible working hours, 24 days of leave with expansion possibilities up to 30 days per year, all electrical desks, travel allowance from the first km, WGA insurance, ANW possibilities, WIA accident insurance, pension scheme, bonus scheme etc.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English. Additional languages are a plus.
- You have mastered the basics of MS Project or other project management solutions: critical path analysis, resolving resource conflicts, etc.
- You have successfully lead or participated in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- You understand the interaction of the various disciplines throughout the entire product development cycle and know where your discipline is supposed to lead.