secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
The PM leads the delivery of engineered-to-order systems to customers in a demanding global and competitive market. Project Managers are in the drivers’ seat externally and internally. The position is challenging as they should meet customers’ expectations, deliver our clients key performance indicators and improve the projects’ financial performance (cash/ profit). The Project Manager’s mission is to “lead by example” to bring project management to a higher level of professionalism.
· Lead projects to ensure On-Time-Delivery of project milestones, stay within or improve budget, and deliver with the contractually agreed quality and our clients standards;
· Lead multi-function project teams
· Deliver improved project execution processes and methodologies;
· Deliver all technical and commercial requirements of the contract;
· Deliver improvement of forecasting accuracy (including Percentage Of Completion updates), reduced variances, Risk & Opportunity management and project margin during project execution;
· Develop lasting relationships with customers & end-users.
Our client is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. They are located in Arnhem-Nijmegen region. Their products have made a valuable difference for clients for the past 100 years and we are now looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their organization and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come.
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Graduate degree or proven to be able to work at Graduate level;
- Project Management certification (Prince 2, PMI or similar).
- Being able to read and interpret Engineering drawings, specifications and application data;
- 5-10 years’ experience in Managing Projects in engineering, construction, industrial/ infrastructure;
- Experienced in leading large teams, with full accountability, across multiple functions, either directly or indirectly;
- Experienced in dealing with international suppliers of large, complex orders/components;
- Experience in leading commercial, customer-facing projects in design-to-order projects of 6 months+ duration;
- Experienced in Senior Management-level interactions / negotiations with customers in demanding environments;
- Experience of understanding implications of complex contractual terms and conditions – what team needs to do, potential risk areas and opportunities;
- Has managed several large and complex projects as a Project Manager;
- Desirable – global cultural awareness – has worked on a project with international stakeholders, customers and/ or suppliers;
- Managed project costs / P&L of significant value.
- Ability and willingness to travel 20% of the time.